Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Flashes: November 27, 2013 Thankfulness


  • I am thankful that I live in a developed economy where the labors of the many (in which I hope people would include me) allow me and my family to have ready access to food, water, and shelter.
  • I am thankful that the Clean Air Act has led to improved air quality, reduced lead in the air, and a coincident drop in crime due to improvement in IQ among urban populations.
  • I am thankful that my parents pushed the importance of education on me, and that through some crazy genetic mixup, I got an aptitude for science.  It is a blessing and a curse, but on the whole, life is richer with an appreciation for the laws that underpin our existence.
  • I am thankful that my children will grow up in an age of even greater communication and connectedness than I have.  The conversations they can, and will, have with peers across the world will set us on a path toward even greater cooperation and harmony across the globe.
Enjoy the journey! and Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment